Thursday, August 2, 2012

TSTR-"Sweet Summertime"

I'm still straightening up here in the Korner, but I took a break to make a card for this week's challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room.  Truth be told, while I was filing away unused patterned papers and left-over pieces, I put together a few combinations that would make new cards, and one of those combos just happened to be the colors in this week's challenge! So I had no choice but to stop and make the card up. It's what any self-respecting cardmaker would do...you know, create, not clean....right? (back me up here please...LOL)

Here's the inspiration photo:


And here's the frilly and lacy little number that it inspired me to make...


the flower cluster sits atop a shabby fabric rose and a scrunched piece of crocheted lace trim...


and strips of narrow cotton lace are sandwiched between each of the paper layers (I wasn't kidding when I said it's a lacy little number!)...


I couldn't resist...I even added a strip of lace between the layers on the inside, too...

Supplies:
Patterned papers: MyMindsEye Miss Caroline/Fiddlesticks collection (floral & stripe);
MyMindsEye A Beautiful Life collection (lilac dot)
Dies: Papertrey Ink Edgers 2; My Favorite Things Royal Leaves; Sizzix Leafy Branch
Sentiment Stamp: Technique Tuesday     Shabby flower: Frogfeathers on Etsy
Scalloped lace: The Funkie Junkie on Zibbet and Etsy      Cotton laces: local craft store
Mini roses: Prima      Pearls: Recollections      Handmade pearl wire spiral

Thanks for stopping in for a visit...hope your week is a great one so far!


7 comments:

  1. cleaning should be banned lol!!! your card well ...is stunning and just perfect love all the different combos truly delightfull hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Kathy ... simply amazing! I love all those yummy layers you've added to your design this week - WOW! Thanks for sharing your amazing talents with us weekly in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, glad you have your priorities straight! Your card is a show stopper! Those lacy layers really reflect the look of the flowers, and the colors do too. It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so lovely!! Those layers are just stunning!
    So glad you could join us this week at TSTR:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous. I am attempting to design a vintage style postcard invitation for my daughters victorian tea party (3rd birthday) I've spent hours online looking for inspiration and nothing comes even close to how beautify done your work is. If you have any creative ideas or would possibly even be willing to design and sell some to me via your Etsy shop I would be very interested. Not sure if you do anything of the sort. Kate_Snickers@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWwww, Kathy! Pretty to the nth degree!!! Love your colors, lacey layers and beautiful embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Such a magnificent card! Full of layered shabby goodness! Love how you made the flower, so pretty! I see a winner with this card...great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...