Monday, October 21, 2013

Wishing You A Fabulous Day...

I love seeing and making white, ivory, and cream cards, but I must go on record saying photographing them does try my patience.  :)

I'm not a professional photographer (as you might be able to readily see), but I try to remember all the tips I've read about the best way to capture your work in a photo, the best lighting to use, etc. Still, with white and cream cards, I've never yet been successful in capturing the same hues and shading in my photos that the human eye can discern, whether I'm photographing them in natural light, or with lighting that simulates natural light, or via photo editing...and that's the trying part for me. Someday I'll get the magic combination figured out...I'm not ready to give up yet.

So please trust me when I say today's card is made in cream cardstock, and the dry embossing is shaded with a darker cream. Even with the contrast of the white pearls against the cream cardstock, the pale yellow hue of the cardstock still photographs more white than it is...






I wanted the card to be monochromatic with one single pop of color, so I chose to use one of my handcrafted orange roses to be that bright accent. It's surrounded with cream asters and brown roses, pieces of a bare branch die cut, golden brown leaf clusters, and pearl clusters...






The embossing folder incorporates the die shape which leaves a space for the sentiment, so I used some of the smaller sizes of the coordinating die set to add dimension to the sentiment block, adding a touch of clear German glass glitter for a very subtle sparkly accent...


Supplies:
Dies:   Spellbinders Labels 18;   Spellbinders Rose Creations;   Impression Obsession Bare Branch;   Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves
Embossing folder:   Spellbinders 3D M-Bossabilities Framed Labels 18
Sentiment stamp:   Papertrey Ink          Small flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts          Pearls:   Recollections
Miscellaneous:   cheesecloth, clear German glass glitter


Thanks so much for visiting today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and colours Kathy. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful.. and very elegant too.. love the crisp white...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...