Saturday, December 21, 2013

LOTV - Warm Christmas Wishes...

Good morning, everyone...hope you're having a great weekend so far!  Do you feel it? That's the rush of Christmas, just around the corner now. :)  If you're like me, you might still be getting a few last minute gifts purchased, and a card or two ready for mailing just in the "Nick" of time. (please tell me I'm not alone! heehee)

Today I have one last Christmas card to share with you, using Lili of the Valley patterned papers from the Simple Joys paper pad and a wonderful sentiment stamp that fits perfectly inside a small die cut ornament...




I wish I could capture the sparkle on this card...many of the edges are coated with clear tinsel glitter, and it just shines...this photo from an angle might give you a better idea...





Each layer on the front is attached with foam tape above the layer before it, giving the card more dimension without adding too much more thickness...





The sentiment was stamped with clear embossing ink, then coated with white embossing powder. I don't know why it took me so long to figure out how to get the look of falling snow that I wanted on this sentiment ornament, but once I figured it out, it worked out just the way I had hoped. I usually rub my little Embossing Magic pouch over the area I'm going to stamp and emboss, to avoid having those little stray bits of powder distract from the image. When I thought about adding more powder after the sentiment was embossed to get the look of falling snow, I was afraid the sentiment would get blocked out by it. All I had to do was *not* use the talc pouch first, and allow those little stray bits of powder to remain, and after I applied the heat, I got the look of tiny falling snowflakes that I had hoped for. What can I say? I was having a "senior moment" I guess! :)






The flower is a "shabbified" die cut poinsettia, that you've seen me use many times before. This time I misted the edges and played with them a bit before dry brushing some white acrylic paint around the edges...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:   NitWit Collections for Lili of the Valley, Simply Joys
Stamps:   Lili of the Valley Set 10, A5 Verses
Dies:   Spellbinders Majestic Labels 25,  Labels 25,  and Layered Poinsettia
Lace and pearl ribbon:   local craft store          Tinsel glitter:   Martha Stewart
Miscellaneous:   white craft paint, white embossing powder


Thanks so very much for stopping by today...have a wonderful Sunday!





5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning. Love the poinsettia flower and the gorgeous distressing.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so beaitiful ! I loved the fresh colors n glitter on edges looks WOW and the sentiment on ornament too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to stop by for a closer look. This is absolutely gorgeous!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came over from the LOTV. Your card is just gorgeous. I checked out the rest of your blog and I love your style. :D
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another amazing and beautiful card.. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...