Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Soft and Sweet...

Hi, everyone! There was no Mixed Media Monday this week on the blog, but I hope to have one again soon. How I envy those talented mixed media artists who can whip up a page in their journal in an hour or less. Unfortunately, I rarely finish ANY kind of crafty project in that amount of time...LOL. I ponder, I change, I ponder some more...I'm slow as a turtle, easily distracted from my end goal, and go off on experimental tangents as I play. It can be rather comical, actually! All those years working in the business world, so focused and goal-oriented, and now I'm the complete opposite in my creative pursuits. My current in-progress journal pages are just that...in various stages of progress...and none of those stages include "done."

But I have gotten a few cards made in the last couple weeks, including the one I'm sharing today. It's a spring-colored, softly pastel, shabby little number, with a bit of my mixed media supplies mixed in for fun...




I took my cue from the splatters designed into the patterned paper for the rest of the card embellishments, using pearls and a dotted edge stencil for the white spackle around the edges to continue the "dots" design. Lots of Tea Dye Distress Ink was used around the paper edges, and also used to dye the white twine for the loopy bows...




The chipboard heart was coated with white gesso, stamped with a text stamp, and splattered with Shabby White Frantage...




The flower cluster starts at the top right, centered with a large layered flower surrounded with lots of little roses, loopy twine bows, pearls, and diecut leaves, all sitting atop a diecut doily...




Here's a closeup of the largest flower. I mixed a bit of Frayed Burlap Distress Stickles with some clear glass glitter, and ended up with the perfect chunky, taupe-y, lightly glittery accent on the pastel ledger paper of the center flower...




The flowers, leaves, and pearls cascade all the way down to the bottom corner...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Prima "Princess" collection
Dies:   Cottage Cutz "Tea Time Doily";   La-La Land Crafts "Open Leaf  Flourish"
Stencil:   The Crafters Workshop "Mini Halftone Borders"
Flowers:   Prima,  Wild Orchid Crafts,  Kaisercraft            Pearls:   Recollections
Miscellaneous:   Faber-Castell Whipped Spackle,  Stampendous Frantage "shabby white,"    
Tea Dye Distress Ink,   cheesecloth



Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...I hope your week started with a smile!


3 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning, really love all the roses, and love the layers and hint of MM..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky me for stopping in today Kathy!!! This is absolutely gorgeous~ Hugs, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...