Friday, July 29, 2011

Little Somethings to Share Today

It’s been another fairly busy crafting week, mixed in with appointments here and there. Here's one of this week's projects.

A friend had asked  if I would make her some cards like the one I had sent her congratulating her on her new home—she loved the lace die cut edging and the smaller size (these are 3-1/2" x 5").  So I got out my Big Shot and my Papertrey Ink edger die (the same one I used on the "Feel Better Friend" card in an earlier post) and cut away.  Thinking I would make an extra or two to fill my own “ready to go stash” basket, I cut 5 cards and matching papers.  When I emailed the pics to my friend to choose the ones she liked, she liked them all...so all 5 she got!

Here’s the card that started it all:

Supplies:
Edge Die: Papertrey Ink Edgers 2     Patterned Paper: BasicGrey Out of Print Collection    Die Cuts: Spellbinders Labels Two and Fancy Tags dies    Pearls & Resin Rose: Prima    Seam Binding: Hug Snug    Butterfly from local craft store    Mini house made with various papers and lace strips from stash    Sentiment printed on printer


And that led to these...starting with a card for any occasion.  I played with a new crackle medium (new to me, that is) on this card - it's by DecoArt and it's a one-coat process.  It's easy and fun and I think I'll be using it a lot more!  I inked the chipboard frame with Distress Ink first, then did the crackle coat and finished it off by rubbing Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the cracks to emphasize them just a bit.

Supplies:
Edge Die: Papertrey Ink Edgers 2    Patterned Paper: BasicGrey Out of Print collection    Chipboard Frame: Tattered Angels    Crackle Medium: DecoArt    Paper leaves & Pearls: Prima    Lace Applique: Jolee’s    Rayon Seam Binding: Hug Snug    Flower from the craft store, vintage image from the Internet


Supplies:
Edge Die: Papertrey Ink Edgers 2    Patterned Paper: Echo Park For the Record collection    Felt doilies: MyFavoriteThings Die-namics Decorative Doily Duo Dies    Pearls: Recollections      Felt Rose: MyFavoriteThings Die-namics Mini Rolled Rose Dies    Sentiment Stamp: Hero Arts    Ribbon for ribbon flower, cotton lace from the local craft store


Supplies:
Edge Die: Papertrey Ink Edgers 2    Patterned Papers: Crate Paper Portrait collection (b/w stripe), My Mind’s Eye Stella Rose Hazel collection (pink)    Dies: Spellbinders Labels 10 (pink) & Fleur de Lis Accents (sentiment block)    Sentiment Stamp: Fiskars    Cotton lace and velvet leaf: Prima    Rosebuds: violamahr on Etsy



Supplies:
Edge Die: Papertrey Ink Edgers 2    Patterned Papers: My Mind’s Eye Stella Rose Mabel collection    Die: Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Motifs    Paper flower, Pearl Flourishes: Prima    Mini Pearls: Recollections     Felt Rose: MyFavoriteThings Die-namics Mini Rolled Rose Dies     Sentiment Stamp: Hero Arts    Edge Punch for Sentiment Tag:  EK Success Parisian    Wide lace for flower and background from local craft store   

I love making my own flower embellishments, and the flower on this next card was no exception.  I used some cotton lace yardage from the craft store as a base. Over that is a flower that I crocheted with cotton thread, and in the center, three tiny Prima roses and pearls.


Supplies:
Edge Die: Papertrey Ink Edgers 2    Patterned Papers: Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection    Die: Spellbinders Labels Four    Sentiment Stamp: Papertrey Ink    Edge Punch for Sentiment Tag: EK Success     Flower made using craft store lace, handmade crocheted flower, 3 Prima mini roses and 3 Prima pearls    Leaves: Prima

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. hello i have been having a look around your blog and you have some stunning work going on loving the shabby chic...just wanted to compliment you on a beautiful blog with loads of gorgeous creations hugs sasyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...