Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Little Bitty Pretty Ones...

I really enjoy making these little 3-1/2" x 5" cards.  It's always a challenge to see if my ideas will work, because although logic says they should go together quickly because of the smaller size, it's actually the opposite for me. And that challenge makes them fun, but admittedly a little bit frustrating at times!

This time, I used some vintage rose images from The Graphics Fairy, and added just a little bit of clear coarse glitter for fun.


This is my favorite shade of "rose" pink...it has just a hint of lavender undertones that give it a softness that a simple diluted red doesn't have.


This red one almost looks Christmas-y, doesn't it?  There's no denying that red roses command attention in nature... they might as well on a card, too...so I dyed up some nice, bright red Hug Snug for an accent!


Some dimensional closeups:

Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Echo Park Be Mine collection (pink), Prima Romantique collection (tan)
Vintage images: The Graphics Fairy      Edge punch:  EK Success Diamond Lace      Cotton lace: local craft store
Hug Snug seam binding     Pearl butterflies: Prima      Single pearls and clear crystal: Kaiser Craft

I have another set of minis to share tomorrow...back soon!




5 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS, Kathy! Seems to me like EVERYTHING you make is GOLD!

    Naomi
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my kind of roses too !!! My father always had plain red and yellow roses ,and in that time I didn't like roses at all ,although I loved gardening . But in the past twenty years I discovered so many beautifull roses that I became proud of wearing their latin name ! Your cards are a wonderful trbute to these flowers !

    Hugs, Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED THESE!! I read your posts on my iPod but it's so hard to leave comments on there (got an iPad today so hopefully I will be better ;) ). Just know I LOVE seeing all your wonderful cards and you reminded me I needed to come back and pin this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi
    i love your way of cardmaking!!!
    you have a very beautifull blog.
    So i am now a follower of your blog.
    Be welcome to my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are looking for a solid contextual advertising company, I suggest that you check out ExoClick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...