Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's Still Winter...No, It's Spring....Wait...

I don't want this to sound like I'm complaining, because I'm not...but the weather this winter is just plain wonky!  We've had a much drier than normal winter so far, and I believe more nights at or below freezing than usual.  But even nights in the low 30's doesn't mean daytimes don't reach high 50's to low 60's. This week, a high front parked itself off the Pacific coast, and we've had temps in the mid-70's for the last couple days...it's supposed to "drop back down" to low 6o's in a day or so (to me, that's still spring-time temps...ha).  And this is Northern California, where it's supposed to be "cooler."  It's crazy...but in a nice way!  I just hope it's not a sign of a hotter-than-usual summer for us, because it's plenty hot enough up here in the summer, thank you.  :)

So in the spirit of the "season" here are a couple spring-colored all occasion cards, one brighter and bolder, and one softer and shabbier...although this first one would be perfect for the sentiment "sending smiles across the miles" as a get well card....hmmmmm.....



I guess you've noticed by now, but I can't resist adding a little bit of clear coarse glitter to these clipart images, and maybe a few bitty pearls to accent.  


Supplies:
Clipart:  The Vintage Workshop blog   (French postcard),  The Graphics Fairy  (bird),
Dover Publications (flower basket)
Patterned Papers: BasicGrey (teal solid), Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection (damask)
Paper Doily: Wilton      Pearls: Recollections      Hug Snug seam binding      Lace:  LittleRedCottage on Etsy     
Button, twine: stash      Handcrafted stick pin using Maya Road leaf stick pin base


I "distressed" the little Maya Road scalloped kraft envelope on this next card with white ink, and ran parts of it through my crimper...I couldn't resist changing it up a bit...LOL



Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection (orange), BoBunny Gabrielle collection (stripe),
BasicGrey Sweet Threads collection (brown plaid)
Maya Road kraft scalloped envelope      Handcrafted stick pin      Lace: local craft store     
Hug Snug seam binding       Fabric flower: Frogfeathers on Etsy      Buttons, twine: stash    
Paper leaves, paper flowers, & pearl flourish: Prima      Paper doily: Spellbinders Eyelet Circles die

Thanks for stopping by!  I'm off on a quest on the web...I spotted something the other day that I thought would make a darling storage option for my handcrafted stick pins.  Problem: I didn't bookmark it...arghhh.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...