Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Photo-Heavy Happy Leap Day!

A friend asked if I would make some Easter cards using some of the clipart I'd gathered up lately...two of each image. Now how could I say "no?"  Flowers, and springtime colors...no need to ask twice!

I did customize the mini collages at her request to remove the text/labels, so you may see some of these same images appear later on but in different configurations. :)  And even though I was making two cards with each image, I felt I had to make some slight changes to each one, so the recipients would know they were special enough for a one-of-a-kind greeting.

On all of the cards, the folds are at the top.

First up - the corals. On the first card, I reduced the size of the clipart to fit inside the Tattered Angels chipboard frame.:



On the landscape version, I kept the clipart at ATC size (2-1/2" x 3-1/2") and placed the chipboard frame at one end just to highlight the flowers and birds nest.

One thing I should note-when I have an A2 card with elements that might go over the edge of the card itself (as with the doily on this card), I use A6 envelopes (4-3/4" x 6-11/16") to mail the card to accomodate the oversized embellishment(s), rather than the usual A2 sized envelopes.


Supplies:
Patterned papers: Graphic45 Once Upon a Springtime/Spellbound (coral floral);
BasicGrey Wander collection (aqua solid)
Clipart: Robin's eggs nest: The Graphics Fairy ; Tulips: Dover Publications;
Chipboard frames: Tattered Angels      German glass glitter: GlitterandKitsch on Etsy
Border punches: Martha Stewart Swirling Lace (bottom edges); Fiskars Threading Water (aqua strips)
Laces: local craft stores      Doily: Wilton      Hug Snug seam binding
Pearl & crystal flourishes: Prima      Pearl cluster: Recollections

Next up is the teal and violet set...I love the strong colors in this set...



On this set, the only changes I made to the landscape version were to change the size of the image, and accent with a pink bow instead of green:


Supplies:
Patterned papers: DCWV Latte Stack (solid lavender); Graphic45 Botanicabella/Secret Garden (green print);
Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue collection (light pink print)
Clipart: Small violet bunch: Dover Publications; Vase, Flowers, & Easter eggs: The Graphics Fairy
Paper doily: MFT Decorative Doily Duo     Edge punch: Martha Stewart Double Arches
Scalloped lace: LittleRedCottage on Etsy      Crocheted lace for "flower": local craft store
Pearls and flourishes: Prima      Hug Snug seam binding

And last but certainly not least, the pink set...lots of doily edging on this first card:



There was less room for layers of doily-edged papers on the landscape orientation card, but it still works. And the flower and bow accents are changed to green instead of pink...


Supplies:
Patterned papers: Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection (pink damask); BasicGrey Curio collection (green lace print);
BasicGrey Out Of Print collection (bright pink solid)
Clipart: Floral basket, egg & flowers: Bumble Buttons; Butterfly: Dover Publications
Laces: local craft stores      Edge punch: Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace      Pearls& flourishes: Prima
Fabric flowers: Frogfeathers on Etsy      Hug Snug seam binding

There isn't too much going on in the Korner so far this week...I've been a little under the weather.  But I hope to be back this weekend with some new projects to share.

Happy Leap Day, thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...