Wednesday, September 17, 2014

LLLC - Thank You...

Hello, all! It's Wednesday, and that means it's time for the Wednesday team for La-La Land Crafts to show you some more fun creations using their wonderful dies!

This week, our inspiration challenge is washi tape. I don't have a lot of rolls of washi tape in my stash, but I have a few that I really like, so this was a fun challenge to get me to actually USE these in a fun way...



I covered a piece of cardstock with the same washi tapes that I had adhered along the side of the front left of the card, and die cut that piece using the Honeycomb die. I chose a few of the interior pieces, and popped them up with foam tape inside a random few of the open honeycomb spots. (Before I adhered the honeycomb piece to the card front, I embossed the die into the white background. This makes the diecut lie flush with the front of the card when it's adhered, and allows the dimension of the "popped up" inside pieces to show.)




The die cut arrows and sentiment block were cut from the new Stitched Elements die set. I chose to use the arrows as pointers to add focus to the sentiment block below them, and "shabbied up" the arrows and sentiment block with ink and a white paint pen to accent the stitching holes...




Next to the floral cluster, and the sentiment block, are die cut leaves using the Open Leaf Flourish die, which was also shabbied up a bit with ink around the edges...




Supplies:
LLLC Dies:   Open Leaf Flourish,  Stitched Elements,  Honeycomb
Sentiment stamp:   Simon Says Stamp "Friendship Messages"
Flowers and stamens:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls:   Recollections            Miscellaneous:  white hemp twine



You can see the rest of the team's wonderful creations over on the La-La Land Crafts blog, and on the LLLC Facebook page.

Thanks for visiting today!






4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...