Friday, September 5, 2014

LOTV - Just Because...

Happy Friday, everyone! I'm ending this week with a shabby chic all-occasion card showcasing some of Lili of the Valley's beautiful new paper lines...and it just so happens that this month's challenge on the LOTV Ideas to Inspire blog is "Pretty Papers."  Right up my alley! :)

It's a "simply shabby chic" style card, using papers from several of the new lines. All the LOTV paper pads have several colorways of beautifully coordinated papers, but every now and then I like to challenge myself to see if I can blend several different lines of papers, and end up with a project that looks like it was made to go together. One of the things I like most about LOTV's papers is that I end up with a successful challenge every time I try it!

Today's card blends a pink striped pattern and a small pink-on-pink patterned paper from the new On a High Note pad, with a brown dotted pattern from the Enchantment pad, and finally, a tan and pink floral from the Country Meadow line...



Here are a few closeups of the floral cluster, starting with a top-down view of the closed rosebud stem...





I love these pretty painted buttons...perfect for a colorful touch atop a couple loopy twine bows...





And finally, a closeup of the sentiment from Set 29, Vintage Sentiments/Just to Say stamped onto a small tag that's been shabbied around the edges and topped with another loopy twine bow...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:   LOTV On a High Note,  Enchantment, and Country Meadow
Stamp:   LOTV Set 29, Vintage Sentiments/Just to Say
Dies:   My Favorite Things Royal Leaves;   La-La Land Crafts Honeycomb
Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts
Painted button:   TheFunkieJunkie.com            Pearls:   Recollections
Miscellaneous:   white hemp twine, cheesecloth



As a reminder...there's blog candy given away **daily** over on the LOTV Ideas To Inspire blog...there's a link button to it over there on the right sidebar -->  -->  -->  -->  --> . 

All you need to do to get your name in the draw for the daily blog candy is leave a comment on the I2I blog post...how easy is that!

And for some more fun news, LOTV is now a Platinum Partner at Splitcoast Stampers. If you're not already a member of this forum, check it out...it's free to join, and it's a wealth of information and inspiration.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...have a wonderful weekend!





3 comments:

  1. OoH Kathy! This is just absolutely GOR-GEOUS like always!!!!!!!! I love how you've combined these lush papers and turned it into shabby .. sigh .. so beyond BEAUTIFUL! Love love Love your work!

    Hope you're off to a wonderful weekend!!!

    Sending Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous.. love the roses.. and your distressed layers are wonderful..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...