Friday, November 7, 2014

Cardabilities #110...Happy Everything...

TGIF! Don't you just love knowing the weekend is only one day away?

Today's card is an autumn-bright, shabby little number to end your week with a smile...



The larger pieces of background paper were accented this time using Dreamweavers's Studio 490 embossing paste and a damask stencil. This embossing paste used on its own leaves an almost transparent, shiny pattern once dry - as if you had used clear embossing powder over the design. Initially, I was going to leave it just the way it went on, but after applying the Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays on some of the areas of the front, I decided to run a very light coat of Vintage Photo Distress Ink over other parts of the design to emphasize it a bit more...







I found a beautiful and bright little flower stem in my stash, added a couple more individual striped flowers to it, a few light yellow and light brown roses, and finally a couple yellow stamen clusters...







The sentiment came from a couple different sentiment stamp phrases...a little mixing and matching makes for a perfect fit sometimes...



Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Prima Sunrise Sunset collection
Stencil:   The Crafters Workshop Mini Damask
Color sprays:   Lindy's Stamp Gang - Merry Go Round Green,  Bonjour Butter, and Bayou Boogie Gold
Flower stem and striped flowers:   Prima            Stamen clusters:   ChocolateLetters on Etsy
Roses:   Wild Orchid Crafts          Pearls:   Recollections            Lace:   local craft store
Sentiment stamps:   Fiskars ("happy");   Altenew ("everything")
Miscellaneous:   Studio 490 embossing paste,   cheesecloth,   Vintage Photo Distress Ink



My design is inspired by the current Cardabilities sketch, #110 ...




Thank you for popping in for a visit today...have a wonderful weekend!


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card ! Thanks for joining in at Cardabilities:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always! It certainly made me smile! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty with all those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kathy! Love all the layers, distressing and beautiful blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Kathy!! Your design is absolute layer after layer of shabby beauty!! I love the way you incorporated mixed media elements with your signature style. It is perfectly composed and the floral spray is the icing on the cake! I love visiting your blog. I like to make a cup of tea and get in my coziest chair so I can relax and take my time soaking in the inspiration. I want to scrap-lift. There....I've admitted it:-))
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Kathy! OooH this is once again so GORGEOUS! I love these colors and all those beautiful flowers .. it's absolutely STUNNING like always!!!!!!!!!!

    I hope all is well .. and hope you are having a beautiful weekend! :)

    Sending my biggest hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - love all that layering. Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card :) I love mixed media background and this gazue! I love the colors! :)))
    Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, your card is fabulous! Wonderful colours, so pretty flowers! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...