Wednesday, November 5, 2014

LLLC - Getting Krafty...

Good morning! Today's card for La-La Land Crafts is for this week's challenge inspiration - "Getting Krafty" - using kraft colored cardstock.

This was a fun challenge...I like to mix kraft cardstock with other colors, and this time, I chose rich purple. Here's the finished product...



I die cut three various sizes of circles using the Stitched Nested Circles Die Set to "anchor" the floral cluster, and set them to the side of the front before layering lots of kraft and purple flowers cut from the Cherry Blossom Flowers Die set...





Cheesecloth dyed with the same Distress Ink colors as those used on the purple Cherry Blossoms, along with lots of loopy threads, give it a shabby feel...




And finally, a touch of Magenta and Purple Stickles on the berries that are part of the Berry Flourish Die add a bit of sparkle...


Supplies:
LLLC Dies:   Berry Flourish,  Cherry Blossom Flowers,  Stitched Nested Circles
Patterned paper:   7Gypsies
Other dies:   Impression Obsession Bare Branch          Gems:   Doodlebug
Miscellaneous:   Magenta & Purple Stickles;   Seedless Preserves & Dusty Concord Distress Inks; 
thread;   cheesecloth



I hope you'll pop on over to the La-La Land Crafts Inspiration Blog to admire the projects my teammates have made to share with you.  :)

Thanks for visiting today...I hope you're having a wonderful week so far!




3 comments:

  1. Love this card Kathy - simply stunning. Love the purple with the Kraft, gorgeous combination xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a stunning color combination, love the texture of the cheesecloth and love the leaves too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm browsing your blog wondering how in the world I missed all these gorgeous posts!! I kind of like it that way. It's like reading an amazing book series that's been out for a while so you can binge read instead of having to wait for the sequel. Your card is yet another exquisite beauty!! Everything is layered and distressed to perfect imperfection. You have so much crafty mojo, Kathy! This is why you will always be my Yoda!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...