Friday, December 5, 2014

Be Merry...

TGIF...happy Friday, everyone!

I am woefully (yes, I just used the word woefully...LOL) behind in my own Christmas card making. I'm thinking I'll need to work up a CAS watercolor design for the bulk of my cards, and do multiple copies of one design, instead of my usual 1-2 copies of many designs.

But I did make one special card up without using traditional Christmas patterned papers, relying solely on the color scheme to convey the holiday spirit. It's another center step card, and roses are aplenty on this one...


I die cut a couple small banners, and used two different manufacturers' sentiment stamps...




Around the red lily in the center are red and cream roses...lots of roses...accented with multicolored seed and micro beads. I found this single pack of multi-sized holiday-colored beads last year at the craft store...it was about time I used it, don't you agree?...





Once again, a single flower strayed from the rest in the cluster as I was arranging them before gluing them down...and I realized it was a fun place for a single red rose, so I glued it down right where it landed, and added some beads around it...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Prima Stationer's Desk  collection (A4)
Sentiment stamps:   Unity Stamp Co ("be merry and have joy");   BoBunny ("Christmas")
Dies:   Spellbinders Foliage Two;   La-La Land Crafts Berry Flourish, and Stitched Elements
Chipboard:   Blue Fern Studios Turkish Bits            Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls:   Recollections            Lace:   local craft store
Miscellaneous:   cheesecloth,   seed and micro beads


Thank you for popping in for a visit today...have a wonderful weekend!


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kathy. Love the traditional Christmas colours and the flowers with the beads are stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, what a lovely idea to use the beads. I find it very inspiring. Beautiful card.
    Greetings Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning card Kathy! I just love all of your gorgeous flowers and beads! It's like a symphony of Christmas colours! Love it! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ya Kathy! OoOoH I looooove this! Very traditional colors so rich and elegant .. that just *sings* Christmas!!! And yes yes yes! I love those beads!!! GORGEOUS Kathy! Absolutely GORGEOUS as always!

    Hope you had a lovely weekend and hope you finished your new tree! hehehehehehe! :)

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...