Monday, August 29, 2011

Boxes and Baskets and Stuff...oh my...

I'm still cleaning and purging the craft room closet.  I loaded up on baskets on sale at the craft store, and I started pulling, and purging...in spite of the fact my new Spellbinders goodies were sitting there saying "it's my turn!" I did spend some time organizing my new dies and putting them onto magnetic strips on chipboard for storage- until I ran out of chipboard. :)

Then it was back to the closet...and now I was stressing because it wasn't going as quickly as I had wanted. So...I decided to stop stressing and have fun with the project.  It's still slow going now, but I am having fun with it.

Here's one of my fun discoveries.  A few years ago, Creative Imaginations put out a line of boxes and albums called "bare elements" (or "be."). I found some down at the bottom of the closet, neatly tucked behind a bag of shipping supplies.  One of them was this hat box. So, in the spirit of fun, I stopped the cleaning and started the decorating of the hat box.  I have this obsession with boxes - and decorating them.  I take boxes that used to contain just about anything, and if it has a lid, it's decorated before I fill it with "stuff." 

Normally I decoupage papers onto every surface of the boxes, but this time I decided to leave the inside and the very bottom the original white color and cover them with two coats of matte decoupage medium as a protective measure. The paper on the top is Sassafrass, on the sides is K&Co and Crate Paper - the large flower and pretty fabric leaves are Prima, and the rest of the laces and ribbons are all from the stash.






Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...