Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring...

Spring starts this week...they say.  After a beautifully mild winter with strange temperature swings, we're finally getting our "winter rains."  5 days so far, and still counting.  So while it's been a great productive week in the Korner, it's hard to get good photos to share with you, when we're under dark clouds. 

If you could have seen me this morning trying to photo at least a few cards, you would have laughed.  It was dark, then the sun (yay!) would peek through, so I'd run to the setup in the family room near the wall of windows to snap a few photos of cards.  Many times, in the 15 seconds it took me to get to the family room, it was dark again...and I mean dark. There are some mean clouds up there today, and I'm betting my family and friends in the Sierra foothills are getting the brunt of those mean clouds.

But there's a fun "Spring is Near" challenge at The Shabby Tea Room, and my card was finished last Wednesday, and it's down to the last hour, and I'm going to get this card posted come rain or shine! :)

The challenge was based on this photo - to use at least three colors, and dry embossing:

and here's the card I made for it:

Supplies:
Patterned paper: Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection     Pearls: Recollections     Doily: Wilton     Paper Roses: Prima
Dies: Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Rectangles and Classic Squares Small, Cuttlebug Floral Edge Embossing Folder
Clipart: Flower Girl: Vintage Images;  Cologne Label: The Graphics Fairy;  Butterfly: Dover Publications


I chose to use lavender, pink, green, and cream from the palette in the challenge photo...


and dry embossed the three flower stems using a Cuttlebug embossing folder, then accented them with a light brushing of Antique Linen Distress Ink, and a dusting of coarse clear glitter inside the petals:


I'm still trying to get some photos of more of the cards I made this week, so I'll be back tomorrow morning with some new little pretties to share with you.  Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shabby Spring card, Kathy! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tearoom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for choosing my card as one of the Top Three this week!!!

      Delete
  2. Okay, I have to admit...you caught me off guard. I know you usually do a very specific style! You changed it up somewhat a while back but it was very close to the old look.
    As much as I love your "old" style, this is a lovely look for you. Great job...I love this one too!
    You do such a good job with the coarse glitter...it kind of reminds me of the look of old german glittered Xmas ornaments...they always had that sort of glitter on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...sometimes I step outside my usual style, and this challenge made me do that. Sometimes it even works! heehee....thanks so much. (the glitter on this card is Martha Stewart's coarse crystal glitter - and this newest jar is a different texture than the same glitter in the older jar - go figure.??? But I love to use the clear German glass glitter that you mention, too!)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...