Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sending Smiles...

Good Wednesday morning, all!  With today's card, I got my "crafty" on. :)  I put together another digital paper with a fun torn paper edge detail, then got out the paints and dies for the window...shabbiness everywhere on this one!

I like this sentiment, because it's appropriate for several different card-sending reasons...friendship/have a nice day...get well...so sorry you're going through tough times...and maybe a few more.  I always like to keep a few of this type of card handy...you never know when you'll need one quickly.




I wanted this card to be feminine with a definite spring/summer feel, so there had to be lots of flowers along with the shabby crocheted laces...



The old and worn looking window was fun to make.  I started by die cutting the window from white chipboard, then coated it with a medium-thick coating of Ranger Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.  When that had dried and crackled (with a little assist from my heat gun...have I mentioned that patience is not really one of my virtues? LOL), I brushed on a coating of white acrylic paint, wiping some of it away here and there.  The final step to making it look very old and worn was to take the tip of my craft knife, and actually chip away some of the paint all the way down to the chipboard base...



Here's a better view of the bottom of the window...


A side view, with a peek to the inside...

Supplies:
Patterned papers:  Digi paper (blue):  KPertiet/Designer Digitals/Color Challenge 92009-1;  Playing With Brushes Torn Paper;    Prima Almanac collection (pink)
Dies:  Poppystamps Small Madison Window;  Sizzix Flowers Branches and Leaves
Embossing folder:  Cuttlebug Dots       Flowers:  Prima, Wild Orchid Crafts, local craft store       Pearls:  Recollections
Laces:  local craft stores      Hug Snug seam binding      Handcrafted stick pin


Thanks for visiting today...I hope your week is a fun one so far!


4 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card, Kathy. I enjoy the personal touches of your card - a special "Kathy Flavor", that is. Just so pretty, soft, feminine, DARLING and beautiful. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I really love how you cluster your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Kathy!!! The lace curtain...delightful! Love all the details, colors and shabbiness~ wonderful card! Hugs, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...