After successfully covering the frame with the pieces of tape (yay!), I sanded off the edges to the stamp shape of the frame (this was the time-consuming part of the process), and coated it with Matte Accents. It gave the frame a more finished look, and ensured all the tape edges would stay secured to the frame for a nice long time.
When I added the half-doily to the left of the frame, I felt the edge looked too "raw," in spite of the stitching to the side, so I added a piece of tea-dyed scalloped lace and put a few loose pearls at the tops of the scallops.
With the card all cream and black, I decided to put an assortment of colors in the flower cluster to brighten things up for spring...dark aqua, red, pink, yellow, lilac and purple, along with cream and palest yellow...
The frame is adhered to the card front with thin strips of foam tape to not only add dimension, but to make more of a "well" for the flowers to nestle in and around...
Here's a side view with a peek to the inside. This is a 4"x 6" card, a little thinner and taller than the usual A2 sized cards I usually make. This size left me more height to "play" with the design using the frame...
Patterned paper: K&Company Maison collection Chipboard frame: Tattered Angels
Lace: TheFunkieJunkie.com Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts Pearls: Recollections
Die: Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork Punch: Martha Stewart Medium Branch
Tim Holtz Memo Pin Hug Snug seam binding
Thanks for visiting today...I hope you're having a wonderful week so far!