Wednesday, September 25, 2013

...With a Friend...

Here's another card I prepped during my die cut "frenzy" a week or so ago...no patterned paper used at all. That's a big change for me, but every now and then it's fun to step away from my "usual" and challenge myself a bit with some different designs.

I purchased this twig wreath die a while back, and it seemed just the right style and size for autumn-themed cards. Today it's the focal point of the card...placed above an all-white background, it really stands out. And a little unexpected bonus - I die cut the wreath from a piece of Core'dinations cardstock (from their "Chocolate Box" collection) that's brown on one side, and rust orange on the back. When it's popped off the background just a bit with foam tape, it casts a rust-colored shadow beneath the wreath that adds even more fun to the design...





I die cut lots of little leaves in bright fall foliage colors...bunched them up around a small bow of scrunched seam binding, and sprinkled them with a little bit of clear coarse glitter...






Behind the bow and leaves is a die cut burlap heart sprinkled with clear mica flakes. While at a local craft store one day, I spotted a 6x6 pad of burlap paper...fabric backed with heavyweight kraft paper.  It's so much easier die cutting this paper than having to stiffen burlap fabric on my own prior to die cutting...






A couple more small clusters of leaves and pearls around the wreath gave me a couple more spots to place foam tape beneath the wreath and not have it show through the twigs...that little extra added dimension made a big difference!



Supplies:
Dies:   Impression Obsession Twig Wreath;   My Favorite Things Royal Leaves;   Spellbinders Fancy Tags;
Xyron ShapeZ by Spellbinders/Hearts
Embossing  folder:   Cuttlebug Modern Wallpaper              Punch:   Martha Stewart Medium Branch
Burlap paper:   DCWV          Pearls:   Recollections and Prima         Hug Snug seam binding



Thanks for stopping by to visit today!


5 comments:

  1. Its beautiful ! I loved the rust colored shadow below the brown colored wreath !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful.. I love the twiggy die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the die and gorgeous Autumnal colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely autumn card Kathy~ Looks like the foliage here in N. Yorkshire ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...