Wednesday, November 19, 2014

LLLC - Thanks for Being You...

It's La-La Land Crafts challenge day, and the Wednesday die-cut team has some fun creations to share with you! This week, our inspiration challenge is "Favorite LLLC Product."

Here's where the problem comes in for me...how do you choose your favorite LLLC product (in my case, dies) when you love every.single.one.of.them??? I tried - I really did - I put all my LLLC dies out in front of me, and picked one...then changed it for another...then another...you get the idea. This wasn't happening...there wasn't just one favorite. So I expanded the parameters....how about two faves? Well, that was better...but still not enough.

In the end, I decided on a design, with three of my favorite and most-used LLLC dies (with a little help from a couple more - LOL) ...



One thing I was sure of...I wanted a neutral background of grey and white. I found the perfect patterned paper, and added the white Lattice Doily Border Die pieces (as far as faves go, this die is "tied" with Lattice Border. But since I featured Lattice Border last week, this time it's Lattice Doily Border's turn). Then I decided to accent the edges a bit, so I pulled out a couple sparkly embossing powders, and gave the edges just a bit of shine with a slightly-colored sparkle. It's hard to see in the photo, so here's a closeup - it's a very subtle effect, but it's just enough...




Favorite dies #1 and #2?  Cherry Blossom Flowers and Berry Flourish...I use them A LOT!...




I embellished this pearl corsage pin with spacers and gems as a little extra touch to the Cherry Blossom cluster...
 






One little blossom fell down into the corner while I was gluing the others, and I decided I liked it there - happenstance is fun! :)  A label shape from the Stitched Elements set is the perfect fit for the small sentiment...I topped it with the small label frame from Book Tabs and Labels, and tied them both together to the front of the card...



Supplies:
LLLC Dies:   Cherry Blossom Flowers,   Berry Flourish,   Lattice Doily Border Die,   Book Tabs & Labels,   
Stitched Elements
Patterned paper:   Prima Almanac collection (6x6)
Sentiment stamp:   Inkadinkado          Lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com          Pearls:   Recollections
Embossing powders:   Stampendous Winter Wonderland & Stardust         
Miscellaneous:   pearl stick pin,   white twine



I hope you'll stop by the La-La Land Crafts blog to admire the other projects my Wednesday Die Cut Team-mates have created to share with you!

Thanks so much for visiting today!



5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful.. I love my dies too and I have lots and always look for new ones.. they are a good investment as you use them over and over again.. love the lattice die and love the pink flowers too.. pretty card..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the colors and all the pretty dies! I have to say LLLC dies make everything extra pretty. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors, details and design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...