Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hot Summer Pink...

Hello again! The other day as I was putting away unused supplies and bits and pieces, I found an A2 sized piece that I had cut a round aperture into, and run through my brick wall embossing folder, then set aside when I changed my mind on the direction of the project I was working on. Of course, in the midst of my mini cleanup, I had an idea what I could do with the piece, so instead of continuing to straighten things up, I got to work making a mess again! :)

The round aperture I had cut turned out to be the right size for me to use one of my LaLa Land Crafts stitched circle dies to create a frame...and then the ideas kept coming, so I kept working...and this is the end product...



I used the same green ink that I used inside the aperture to color the edges of the white leaves and berries. It was a happy find to see that the lilies were the perfect color to go with the small hot pink roses...





The little punched butterflies were accented with pink Stickles and tiny pearls. I still get use from many of my older punches - it's one of the reasons I still hold on to many of my basic tools...you never know when they'll be perfect for a current project, and they're faster to use than setting up my electronic cutter for a last minute accent...





I pencil-traced the aperture onto the base of the card, and inside it I added some stamped leaves and pink stems that would coordinate with the flowers I planned to place on the top layer around the outside of the framed circle. Then I used foam tape to attach the top embossed layer to the card base...




And lastly, a couple closeups of the embellishments at the bottom of the card...




Supplies:
Embossing Folder:   Sizzix/Tim Holtz "Bricked and Woodgrain Set"
Dies:   LaLaLand Crafts "Stitched Circles" and "Berry Flourish"
Stamp:   Simon Says Stamp "Summer Garden"             Punch:   Martha Stewart "3-in-1 Butterfly"
Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts (roses);   local craft store (lilies)
Pearls:   Recollections            Pearl stem:   local craft store
Miscellaneous:   "Pink" Stickles,  white twine


Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit today!


6 comments:

  1. Stunning card Kathy!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so gorgeous! I love the pops of raspberry pink! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous card, Kathy, lovely colors !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kathy - love the pink against the white :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wowwww Kathy!!! This is just soooo GORGEOUS! I so love these colors and how that shade of pink makes everything stand out! And that dry embossed brick wall .. sigh .. i loooooove it! Truly beyond BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Wishing you a lovely weekend dear friend!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is marvellous! Sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...