Monday, July 20, 2015

Art Journal - Wildflower...

It's Mixed Media Monday again here in the Korner, and I have a colorful journal page to share today.

Unfortunately, I didn't take stepout photos this time...and this is one of those pages with a lot of steps. But I think once you see it and I explain what I did, you'll get it. I played with Dylusions acrylic paints, and masks and stencils...and this spread is one of the few "flat" journal spreads I've made.

So, once again channeling my "flower child" younger years, here's the finished double-page spread in my small Dylusions art journal...





I started by eyeballing where I wanted my two figures to sit on the pages, and in those two general areas, went to work creating a background of text tissue paper, hand-drawn flowers, circles, pens and inks, Dylusions paints...fun and bright colors.

Then I placed the masks over the areas I wanted to show through, and used black heavy body acrylic to cover the rest of the background around the figure masks. 

I knew the text I'd be using, and since it was song lyrics, I happily remembered I had an older Tim Holtz music mask in my supply stash...and an older Heidi Swapp loopy flower mask, too. I left the masks over my two figures, laid the music and flower masks down over them, and added more colorful Dylusions paints over the black gesso, covering most of the background with blocks of color.

After that dried, a stenciling of black heavy gesso at the bottom, and more magenta paint through the same stencil around the top and sides, and it was ready for the quote and handwritten lines.

Here are a few closeup shots...





I printed the text onto white cardstock  (the font used is called Janda Truly Madly Deeply) and glued the words down through the center of the spread, then hand wrote another line from the song up the sides of the two figures...



Supplies:
Art Mediums:   Ranger Dylusions acrylic paints-Bubble Gum Pink, Squeezed Orange, Vibrant Turquoise, Fresh Lime, White Linen;   Liquitex black heavy body acrylic paint;   Art Basics black heavy gesso;   Sharpie white poster paint pen;   Uniball Signo white gel pen;   Ranger Fudeball black pen
Masks:   Dylusions "Annie" and "Flossie";   Tim Holtz Idea-ology "concerto";   Heidi Swapp "daisy"
Stencil:   Tim Holtz "dot fade"             Orange gemstones:  Heidi Swapp


Thanks for visiting today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!






1 comment:

  1. These pages are so groovy! Really fabulous creating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...