Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Fun Surprise...

I've started my closet clean/purge project, and it's not easy to stay on track. But there's a fun reason why.

Last month, I blogged about this and late Monday afternoon two boxes from Spellbinders arrived on my front doorstep (sooner than I had expected them to arrive-that was the fun surprise!). One box contained a pretty, new Grand Calibur machine, and the other box was filled with newly released die sets...so many die sets (are you picturing that cute teacher on the Target commercial as she says "so much glitter?"). I'm still gobsmacked that I won this! 

So-back to my dilemma. Have you ever tried telling a crafter they have to clean before they can play with new toys?  Didn't work well for my mom when I was young, and it still doesn't work so well now-even when I'm the one telling myself! LOL  So there's a little bit of cleaning time, a little bit of play time...a little of this, a little of that going on in the little "korner" this week.

In the meantime, here are a couple more cards - it's still pretty hot here, but I'm dreaming of cooler autumn temps already and having fun with fall colors!


Supplies:
Patterned Papers: K&Co Julianne Collection      Flower: Prima
Handmade stick pins & paper leaves      Cotton laces: Etsy & local craft stores
Chipboard Flourish: Fancy Pants      Pearls: KaiserCraft


Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Jillibean Soup Dutch Mustard Collection
Ephemera Card: Glitz Designs What Nots Laced with Grace
Picket Fence Die: Papertrey Ink      Laces: Etsy      Pearls: Prima & KaiserCraft
Hand dyed Hug Snug seam binding and rayon twill tape

Hope your week is going well!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...