Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wishing You A Lovely (Tues)day...

I find myself gravitating toward my pink and aqua patterned papers & embellishments these days - something that I'm sure will change as the summer season draws to a close in a month (or so). But for now...


Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Glitz Designs (aqua), Prima (pink)
Die Cuts: Spellbinders Labels Two (sentiment blocks), Memory Box Whimsy Circle (black doily)
Flowers: Prima      Laces, Rhinestone strip: local craft store    Sentiment Stamp: Papertrey Ink
Handmade Stick Pin      Hug Snug Seam Binding dyed with Tim Holtz Distress Inks

Here are what I call "the blue group" cards from the Green Tangerines Add-on Card Kit for August. I loved the tan lace in this month's kit...when you cut a 4-scallop piece and gather it with a basting stitch, it looks just like you hand-crocheted a tiny doily, which makes a perfect base for one of the small white mulberry roses.  (The Crafty Secrets vintage image is from a previous GT card kit.)



On this next card, I took some of the large white flowers and masked the centers with die-cut cardstock scalloped circles before spraying the tips of the petals with the two different Glimmer Mists included with the August layout kit.  The yellow centers are colored with a couple different yellow Marvy LePlume markers so they'd blend with the background yellow paper.  I lightly sprinkled some coarse clear glitter over the finished flowers, and layered them using 1/16" foam dots (I use the ones by Best Creations). The green doily is one of the three doily stickers included in this month's kit...I adhered it to a chipboard circle that's slightly smaller than the doily sticker, and pop-dotted that over the ribbon.



And last but not least...what I call CAS (clean and simple). My EK Success Deco Scallop edge punch got a workout on this card.  The flower, butterfly, and lace strip are from the kit, but I pulled the pearl spray and sentiment stamp from my stash for the finishing touches on this colorful card.



That's it for today.  I'll be back tomorrow with a little cutie that I finished just today, and some more of the GT kit card pics. Have a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...