Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gotta Love It When the Stars Align...

I was certainly in the mood to create again this week...after all, I'd been "off my game" for a couple days, and was ready to get back into the fun. But I needed a jump start...and a visit over to The Shabby Tea Room  to peek at the newest inspiration photo was just the fix. 

I remembered a birthday for an old (as in lots of years as friends, not in age...LOL) friend is coming up next week, and another glance at the photo brought to mind some wide lace I had in my stash, which brought to mind a card I made a year and a half ago that might be the perfect design (with a few minor changes) for the occasion and the challenge. Within an hour, I had a birthday card ready to go.  Just love it when all the pieces come together like that, including having the time to make a card while the mojo is still hot!

Here's the challenge photo...
and our challenge was to use cream/white, kraft, and pink, and incorporate lace.  See those lace pieces hanging off the side of the bed? They gave me the inspiration to use this particular wide lace on the card front.


velvet ribbon is a wonderful textural contrast to the lace and flowers...


the chipboard flourish is covered with clear German glass glitter for texture and just a hint of sparkle...

Supplies:
Digi collage elements: Flower basket-Dover Publications; bird-The Graphics Fairy; postcard-Vintage Workshop
WIde crochet lace, cotton lace: local craft store      Paper roses, pearl flourishes, loose pearls: Prima
Paper hydrangeas: Martha Stewart punch       Fabric photo corner: K&Co.    
Dies: My Favorite Things Royal Leaves; Spellbinders Floral Flourishes

Thanks for stopping by today!



5 comments:

  1. Too beautiful for words! I really love youe style, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love this!! Fabulous components + your style = gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow oh wow... so many gorgeous details... so wonderful!
    thanks for playing along with our challenge at TSTR this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy, yum yum ...your cards are wonderful Kathy; glad i found your little corner and tks for the lovely comment on mine...good luck ! G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous-ness on every level! Thanks for sharing with The Shabby Tearoom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...