Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Just For You...

Pastel colors are fun to work with, but can make you reach for the Advil bottle when trying to photograph accurately...at least for an amateur like me...LOL. When I photographed this card in indirect light, it was a little TOO indirect, and the colors looked very dark in spite of the white background.  When I photographed it in brighter light, the pale-colored details didn't show up well.

I compromised, by using my light box...and a little more patience...and here's the final result...Just For You...


There are bits of purple and pink in the paper, so I used a purple Prima flower as an accent to bring those colors forward. And that layer of purple beneath the flower and eyelash fiber? It's a dyed (with a mister and diluted Distress Ink refill) and gathered piece of a used fabric softener sheet...they make fun textural layers! (An easy way to get a few of these dryer sheets ready to go is to wet a clean bath towel, and throw in 3-4 sheets as the towel dries...sheets are ready to go and your towel is now REALLY soft! :) )


I die cut a flourish from cardstock, then covered it with a light coating of clear glitter...it made the flourish bend a bit, so I left it that way to add dimension!

Supplies:
Patterned papers: MyMindsEye Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks (floral & stripe) and Dilly Dally (aqua dot) collections
Edge punches: Martha Stewart Daisy Edge and Doily Lace      Crochet lace: The Funking Junkie on Zibbet
Dies: My Favorite Things Dizzy Border (paper lace); Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork (flourish)
Pearl flourish, ruffled flower, mulberry leaves: Prima      Pearl strip: Kaisercraft
Sentiment stamps: Papertrey Ink and Hero Arts      Miscellaneous: eyelash fiber, dryer sheet

Thanks for visiting today...and I have a second card to post in a few hours...it's a productive week so far here in the Korner!



1 comment:

  1. what a stunning card love the pastel shades the lay out is fab the rose is gorgeous..fantastic hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...