Monday, December 24, 2012

May Your Days Be Merry...




It's Christmas eve...all the hustle and bustle is done here...and now it's time for quiet celebration.

But before I go, I'd like to share with you the gift box I made for my mother's gift.  You've most likely seen these little papier mache "cottages" around the Web the past couple years, but this is the first year I've had the right sized box for the right sized gift!

This time, I used what I call the "medium" size house, and it fit the box for the gift just perfectly. It started like this...


This box measures 5-1/2"W x 4"D x 7"H (the top simply lifts off, making it easy to "unwrap" a present). Once decorated, it came out like this...


The front door and curtained windows are made with Papertrey Ink stamps.  Those little white plant urns are actually buttons that came in an assorted pack from the craft store.  The "ferns" are branch punches...and the "brick step" was constructed from a piece of cardstock that was run through the Big Shot using the Tim Holtz brick embossing folder (inked up first with Pumice Stone Distress Ink to provide the contrast detail) and glued to the front of the box/house.  


I got the idea for the "sugared" button roof from Melissa Phillips' blog last year...there are about 95 assorted white buttons covering the front and back of the roof/box top, all then covered with coarse clear glitter.  I used that particular crocheted trim around the dormer because I love the way the shadows remind me of icicle shadows.


Thanks so much for visiting.  I wish you a Merry Christmas!


  



4 comments:

  1. Your Mum is one lucky lady...this is gorgeous!

    Merry Christmas Kathy. I have sure enjoyed browsing through your fabulous cards this year. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Christmas hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!! Such attention to detail. I love it and so will your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little house is beautiful. What a wonderful gift. Merry Christmas to you and those you love.

    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh....what a sweet little house! I'm sure your Mom will love this creation! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...