Friday, January 18, 2013

Bright and Sassy...

I'm ending the week with a bright and sassy card.  It's still pretty cold here at night (below freezing) but lately the sun's been shining brightly during the day, and that makes me turn to brighter colors.

This was also a fun card to make because a little experiment turned out the way I'd hoped...yay!

Here's the finished card, that was based on The Deconstructed Sketch #72 , from October, 2012...




You might have to click on the card photo to enlarge it to see what I'm talking about, but see that scrunched lace beneath the bright red bow?  It didn't start that color.  Look as I  might through my sometimes embarrassingly large stash of laces, I didn't have a yellow or yellow-green lace, and even though the card base is white, white lace just didn't work for me.  But I did find this lace:




Obviously, not what I was hoping to find.  But after I realized this was cotton lace, I pulled out a plastic bowl, added some warm water and some bleach, cut a piece of this green lace, plopped it into the bowl of bleach water, crossed my fingers, and left it there in the laundry room sink for about 15 minutes.  When I returned...success!  The green lace had bleached down to the perfect yellow-green shade to complement the colors in the papers I wanted to use.  Gotta love it when that happens!

Then all I did was gather it through the center (the lace is 2" wide), and hot glue it down. 


I added the black cardstock flourish, scrunched seam binding bow, and a few pearls and crystals to the center, along with a tiny sentiment tag...and now I had a bright and cheery finished card!

Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Echo Park For The Record collection      Digital image:   CherryPinkPrints on Etsy
Die:   Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork      Pearls & crystals:   Recollections
Lace:   local craft store      Hug Snug seam binding


Thanks so much for stopping by today...have a wonderful weekend!






2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kathy, Lovely work you' ve done again ! - Yesterday afernoon the package from america was handed over to me by my postman...My quinnflourish had arrived.!!!
    I just had time to cut some and they are lying ready to become usefull .
    I had to visit my mother today .I will be sharing some other cards and pictures soon , maybe tomorrrow .

    Till Then ...Happy crafting !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love your ingenious way of changing the lace to suit your colors better!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...