Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Same...but Different...

Generally, I like to make each card a one-of-a-kind design...even on the "twin sets" I make, I try to change up something in the design so they're not completely identical. And now and then I like to take some elements of a previous project and use them in a different way to see if I can get a different look.  I did that with the digital collage used on the front of today's card.  I posted a card here last July, and the collage was the center of a brighter and more "formal" card.  Today it's definitely "shabbied" up with distressed and painted edges and surrounded with deeper tones...




It's a smaller floral cluster than my usual, sitting atop a cardstock flourish and accented with a seam binding bow and handcrafted stick pin of silver with white pearls and one simulated black pearl...





Supplies:
Digital collage elements:  Paris label, vintage frame, pink rose, Eiffel Tower, teacup: The Graphics Fairy;  
floral clusters:  vintageimages.org (flowers45 and flowers334)
Patterned papers:  Crate Paper Random collection;  Prima Tea Thyme collection
Sentiment stamp:  Papertrey Ink      Lace:  TheFunkieJunkie.com      Die:  Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork
Mini roses:  Wild Orchid Crafts      Mini pearls:  Recollections      Hug Snug Seam Binding 
Miscellaneous:  handcrafted stick pin, clear coarse glitter, white craft paint


Thanks so much for stopping by today...I hope your week is going well!     


2 comments:

  1. Kathy, your cards are mini masterpieces.. every one of them are so detailed and always beautiful.. you inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! So pretty! Love your signature flower cluster and all the swirls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...