Saturday, July 12, 2014

LOTV - Sending Love Across the Miles...

Good Sunday morning, everyone...I hope you're having a fun weekend so far!

Today's card features one of Lili of the Valley's background stamps, Vintage Backgrounds, Flora & Fauna. I used a loose watercolor technique to color it in bright, summery colors. Once it was colored, I distressed and inked the edges, and added a bit of texturing around the right side using modeling paste and a stencil...




I nestled the sentiment up the side of the watercolor piece using a stamp from LOTV's Set 25, Handwritten Phrases, and accented it with a strand of pearls beneath it.

Deep fuchsia pink, red, and purple watecolors were used to color the large rose. (In the photo, it looks redder than it does IRL)...




It was just sheer good luck to discover that Picked Raspberry Distress Ink was the perfect complement to the watercolors used on the rose. I used that to color the white seam binding and the white butterfly trim to add more of the pink to the left of the card...






Here's a closeup of the modeling paste texturing. You've heard me say it before, but I love to use this when I need a subtle texture because it picks up the colors of the medium beneath it when used straight out of the jar. I wanted some texture, but didn't want the texture to cover the rose image, only the background portion, so stenciling was the answer here...


Supplies:
Stamps:   LOTV Set 53, Vintage Backgrounds/Flora & Fauna;  LOTV Set 25, Handwritten Phrases
Stencil:   Crafters Workshop Mini Tile Texture
Pearls:   Recollections            Laces:   local craft store            Hug Snug seam binding
Miscellaneous:   Sakura Koi watercolors, modeling paste, Picked Raspberry Distress Ink


Thanks for stopping by...I hope the rest of your weekend is a fun one and your week starts with a smile!





7 comments:

  1. Just fabulous Kathy! I love the vibrant colours and the great use of texture. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Kathy! I came here from the LOTV blog. Had to read more details about this pretty card! Love the texture from the embossing paste, and your beautiful watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is totally gorgeous!!!! Just love the details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS Kathy!! Definitely a favorite! Hope your weekend has been good. ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kathy. I love how you have used these "trendy" techniques like watercolouring and embossing paste to create a card with such beautiful timeless elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! The water colors look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! A wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...