Friday, July 11, 2014

Soft and Neutral...

Happy Friday, everyone! I'm ending the week with a softly-colored shabby chic card in kraft-y neutrals, with accents of soft aqua.

Looking back at recent posts, I realize my cards are a real eclectic mix of styles lately. Maybe one of these days I'll settle down and stick to one style again, but in the meantime, I'm having too much fun playing around with new techniques and supplies...and isn't that the reason we do this thing called "crafts?"  So I hope you'll bear with me while I'm on my playful journey!

The fun part about today's card is that it looks like it has more layers than it actually does, thanks to the background paper that already looks like 4 pieces layered together. I sliced part of it just enough to slide the tea-dyed scalloped lace between a couple of the printed layers...




Here are a few detail shots...



The largest rose in the center was made with Spellbinders' Rose Creations dies...



Supplies:
Patterned papers:   My Minds Eye "Sky's the Limit" (6x6)
Dies:   Spellbinders Rose Creations;   My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com              Pearls and gathered muslin trim:   Recollections
Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts
Miscellaneous:   twine, burlap trim, thread


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I'll be back on Sunday this upcoming week, instead of Monday, since I'm posting a card on LOTV's Ideas to Inspire blog on Sunday while Anne's on holiday. Until then, have a great weekend!




3 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Kathy. Love the colours and beautiful flowers. Carry on and enjoy your playful crafting journey - it's always lovely to see what you have created and to be inspired by all of your beautiful samples that you share :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...