Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Mini Pair...and a Spare...

Hello, again! With all the "fully loaded" cards I've made lately, I felt it was time to get back to some clean and simple (or my version of it, anyway) cards. I wanted a reasonably "flat" note card to send off, and decided to pull out one of my newer stamps and my watercolors and have a go.

When it was done, I realized the design would be fun on a "mini pair" - the 3-1/2" x 5" size note cards, so I made a pair of those, too!

It all started with this A2 size card...



I added several layers of color to these flowers, and although I wanted the layers to show imperfectly, they did turn out a bit more "splotchy" than I had hoped - because I didn't wait long enough for the layers to dry between applications...ah, well...lesson learned...I still like them!...




I couldn't resist adding a bit of sparkle with Crystal Stickles...




I was determined to find a way to add the gold spiral clip to the center of the twine bows. I ended up simply gluing it using Tombow Mono Aqua clear glue - it's solid as a rock...


Supplies:
Stamps:  Penny Black "demure";   Simon Says Stamp "Friendship Messages"
Color Medium:   Sakura Koi watercolors
Miscellaneous:   colored crystals, "Crystal" Stickles,  twine,  spiral clip



And here's the mini pair inspired by the A2 card. I started first by using the same stamp, but off the side a bit on the smaller size...


 

Once again, I used some of the Crystal Stickles for fun...




And I was a bit more patient this time and let the layers of watercolor dry before adding more  :) ...


Supplies:
Stamps:   Penny Black "demure";   Simon Says Stamp "Friendship Messages"
Color Medium:   Sakura Koi watercolors
Miscellaneous:   colored crystals,  "Crystal" Stickles


And for the second in the pair, a different poppy stamp...



And a much simpler background of just a light shadow effect...


Supplies:
Stamps:   Penny Black "divine";   Simon Says Stamp "Friendship Messages"
Color Medium:   Sakura koi watercolors
Miscellaneous:   colored crystals




Thank you for stopping by for a visit today!


3 comments:

  1. I like all your cards. They are so colorfull and elegant.
    xx Elfi

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Kathy! Really love that elegant stamp, and your watercolouring. Looks superb!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...