Friday, April 17, 2015

Just a Little Pop of Orchid...

Happy Friday, everyone! I'm closing out this week with a soft and shabby little all-occasion card.

Now and then when I make a softly colored card, I like to add one small touch of complementary color (well, today's is technically "near complementary") as a little "surprise for the eyes."  This card started with soft greens and tans, and with the little pop of orchid, it gave me just the bit of fun contrast I was looking for...




I pulled a couple snippets of lace from my grab bag of partly used pieces, and they were just the right length to use here...little peeks sneaking out behind the flowers. I added some Viva Glass Effects Gel to look like little dew drops on the flowers and leaves...




This orchid colored rose was made up from small flat (2cm) Kaisercraft flowers, and the bunches of pearl stamens are from ChocolateLetters on Etsy...






In addition to the clear gel, there's a light coating of clear coarse glitter on the two-toned Prima leaf...




Supplies:
Patterned papers:  Prima "Princess" collection
Dies:   Spellbinders "Grand Rectangles" & "Labels 23";   Sizzix "Flowers Branches & Leaves"
Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts,  Kaisercraft            Stamens:   ChocolateLetters on Etsy
Pearls:   Recollections
Miscellaneous:    Laces, twine, embellished stick pin, Viva Glass Effects Gel




Thanks so much for visiting today...have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. This card is stunning, love the colors, the layers and the flowers.. and love the clear gel which looks like rain drops.. beautiful creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning looking shabby chic card Kathy. Just gorgeous....
    Greetings Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Kathy!!! As always, this is absolutely GOR-GEOUS! These colors, your design, the layout ... everything is just so STUNNING and I love it!!! And what a most beautiful touch with the gel looking like dew drops on there! sigh .. loooove your work!

    Hope you're having a beautiful weekend so far!

    Big Hugs to you dear!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaw droppingly beautiful card! Love the dew and all the little touches. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Love the soft colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...