Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Little of This, A Little of That...

Hello, again! Today I'm sharing a card that combines my latest fixation with mixed media supplies and my long-time "fully-loaded shabby chic" card style.

I was playing with some of my sprays one day, and noticed that the rose, dark tan, and silver looked pretty fun sitting there together on my craft sheet. But instead of creating one of my "smoosh papers" I decided to tape off a card-sized piece of mixed media paper and spray and spritz the three colors where I wanted them...and it ended up looking just the way I had hoped it would...




The fun part is that the rose and the gray sprays both have a bit of iridescence to them, while the tan color is a flat paint...here you can see the glisten in the rose and grey that I mixed a bit in the corner...




Yet when you hold the card at a different angle, you can really see the depths of the individual colors...




Here are a few detail shots, starting at the upper left corner working around the card...




The largest pink rose in the left corner is made using Spellbinders' Rose Creations dies...it started as a white rose, and was colored with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and a few spritzes of water...




You know how I love to nestle pearls inside flower clusters...I'm not sure I'll ever be able to break that habit :) ...




In the center is a fun loopy die cut using one of Tim Holtz' new mixed media dies. I cut it once from deep rose cardstock and a second time from a lighter rose color...offset them a little bit before attaching them to the card...then decided they needed a light dusting of white craft paint to distress them just a tad...


Supplies:
Color Mediums:  Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays:  Alpine Ice Rose,  South Shore Sand,  Gag Me With a Spoon Gray;
Liquitex Ink! Titanium White
Stencil:   The Crafters Workshop "Mini Art Is"
Art Mediums:   Golden Modeling Paste
Dies:   Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves;   Sizzix/Tim Holtz Scribbles & Splats;   Spellbinders Rose Creations
Small paper roses:   Wild Orchid Crafts            Pearls:   Recollections
Miscellaneous:   lace pieces,   twine,   pink crystal stems,   white craft paint


Thanks so much for visiting today...have a great weekend! (And U.S. friends, don't forget to "spring forward" for the switch to Daylight Savings Time this weekend.)




6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card, Kathy.
    Love your layers with inks and your fully loaded card is what I like always, such a beauty to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the soft shades of the colors , great textures too.. love the roses too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. Wow I love your beautiful card. Lovely combination of colour sprays and your gorgeous cluster of flowers. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh Kathy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your work is simply ASTOUNDING! I can see the shimmers in the photo's .. but I bet in real life it must be even more GORGEOUS to see all the tones reflecting off the lights! sigh .. love love LOVE your work my dear friend! So shabby .. mixed with your own style of mixed media .. it's BREATHTAKING!!!

    I hope you are doing well! :) My family just left from visiting us here in town .. Boooooooooooooo! I want them to come back!!!!!!! hehehehe!!!

    Well .. wishing you a most BEAUTIFUL week Sweetheart!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...