Friday, March 13, 2015

Three of a Kind...

Happy Friday the 13th, everyone...I prefer to turn the tables on folklore and hope it's a lucky day for you all!

I pulled out a Penny Black floral stamp I've had for a while but haven't used on a card yet, and decided to mix up my traditional watercolors with watercolor pencils and play around. After stamping the image three times with various shades of black and grey ink, and watercoloring all three a bit differently, I couldn't decide which piece to make into a card, so I made up all three. :)

Once I had them colored in, I couldn't resist the urge to accent with a fun new set of circle stamps, a bit of ink splatter using both a brush and a splatter stamp, bows and lace, and some glittery accents to the butterfly on the stamp.

First, I colored the image in pink and green...I was in the mood for spring colors...




On all three cards, I colored the butterfly twice (using the same colors), then cut out the second butterfly and adhered over the first, accenting the top butterfly with Stickles and a white pearl pen, and bending the wings up for a little dimension...




Then I played with orange and yellow, and ended up with what I now call my "candy corn flowers." I had stamped this one using black ink, so the contrast with the bright colors really makes the details stand out. This card is on its way to a cousin across the country...







Forgot to mention that I added some gold microbeads to the centers of all the large flowers...the pic of the candy corn flowers shows them the best...




And after all the bright colors, I wanted to try something a little more subdued, and maybe a bit darker, so I turned to a fuchsia color flower and a darker background...and I liked that, too...




Supplies:
Stamps:   Penny Black "Botanical Notes";   Simon Says Stamp "Friendship Messages" (sentiments);   Indigo Blu "Limor Circles";   Winnie & Walter "Big Bang Confetti"
Color Mediums:   Windsor & Newton Cotman watercolors;   Caran d'Ache Supracolor watercolor pencils;   "Ice White" Viva Pearl Pen;   "Diamond" Stickles
Miscellaneous:   gold micro beads,  Uni Ball Signo white pen,   twine,  pearls,  lace strip, Archival Inks



Thanks for visiting today...have a wonderful weekend!




3 comments:

  1. I loved all three of them ! The stamped accents enhance the beauty of the lovely stamp and watercoloring !

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so beautiful. your coloring is superb and I love each of the cards.. they are all so pretty..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...