Thursday, March 19, 2015

Wishing...

It's been a while since I've made a card heavy with die cuts, and I was ready to play with a few dies that I haven't used in a bit, along with a new one, and a couple often used favorites. And since my mother's birthday is coming up very soon, what better time to make one with lots of flowers and pearls and girly embellishments? :)

So here's Mom's card this year...layers of cream diecut cardstock with lots of pretty pink flowers and loopy satin ribbon bows...




There are several layers of cardstock stacked to make the diecut scalloped bottom border, but let's start with a closeup of that yummy Prima flower that's the centerpiece...I need to find another set of this one...it has all the fun layers and gems that I love so much...




I added some handcrafted cherry blossoms and some mulberry roses alongside it...




Here you can see the layers...three in all. The card base has a diecut scallop along the bottom edge, the second layer has a different scallop edge and an open scrollwork edging above it, and the top layer has a scalloped bottom edge and the distressed punchinella die cut along the top right...foam tape holds all the layers down and gives it a bit of dimension...




And I couldn't resist adding a lone cherry blossom to the top corner...


Supplies:
Dies:   Spellbinders "A2 Scalloped Borders 2";   Sizzix Tim Holtz "Mixed Media";   Sizzix "Flowers Branches & Leaves";   Simon Says Stamp "Wishing";   La-La Land Crafts "Cherry Blossom Flowers" and "Stitched Elements"
Stamp:   Simon Says Stamp "Sending & Wishing"
Flowers:   Prima (large pink);   Wild Orchid Crafts (small roses)             Stamens:   ChocolateLetters on Etsy
Pearls:   Recollections               Miscellaneous:   satin ribbon




Thanks for visiting today...have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that TH stencil comes as a die too?! There goes what little money I have left! lol.
    Gorgeous, gorgeous card Kathy. So pretty and elegant, I'm sure your mother will adore it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous.. really love the big flower and the scallops look amazing, very pretty card, I am sure your mum will love it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful Kathy... but, you better hope your mama is not reading your blog haha. ( mine does) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. Gorgeous card - I love the layers. Your Mum will love it :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card, so beautiful with so many layers and texture x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow gorgeous layers, die cuts and card design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow gorgeous layers, die cuts and card design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous creation!!! Hugs, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. O-M-G Kathy! Wham! My jaw hit the floor! This is GORGEOUS beyond words! All those layers, the flowers, the dies, the colors .. EVERYTHING is soooooooo STUNNING! Your Mom is going to be head over heels in love! By the way .. we have to catch up and you're gonna have to fill me in on all that's been going on with you! :)

    Sending Big Hugs to you my dear!!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just LOVE this card!!! And the layers are simply divine...Your cherry blossoms are yummy..Your mom is going to love this card! I know I do!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is stunning! Such beautiful layering and prettiness! Oh, the flowers, the die cuts WOW! Just amazing!!! You really have inspired me today! I'm your newest follower dear. Hugs, Gracie / Graciellie Design

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...