Friday, March 22, 2013

Easter's On Its Way...

I'm making up just a few Easter cards this year, and today I can show you the first.  Rather than use a holiday-specific embellishment or paper, I opted to go for the feeling of Easter...soft pastel colors and, of course, flowers.

I pulled out one of my favorite My Minds Eye 6x6 paper pads with soft Spring colors, and realized, with this card, I have officially used up every sheet in this paper pad with the exception of the saved "scrap" pieces...and I've done it twice. :)  Guess it's time to see if I can still find a new third pad somewhere!

I thought I was being oh-so-very-clever by using one of my shaped rectangular dies and cutting only the front of the card with the shape, leaving the back/inside in the original straight shape...until an online friend posted a similarly shaped card, and when I complimented her on her fine imagination (two great minds and all that), informed me that a large manufacturer already sells pre-cut cards in this shape. OK, fine, so I'm not that clever after all...LOL.




The golden-yellow flower trim came from a new favorite Etsy seller...I topped it with mini paper roses, punched branches, diecut leaves, and a few little pearls scattered here and there...




Each of the scalloped patterned paper layers are popped off the card base with foam tape for a little bit of dimension...




Instead of using pearl flourishes, I used the small pearl sprays from the craft store...then added a pearl stick pin woven through the small sentiment tag...




And finally, a side view with a peek to the inside...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye Miss Caroline/Fiddlesticks collection
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Rectangles;  My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Punches:  Fiskars Threading Water;  Martha Stewart Medium Branch
Gold rose trim:  Suhafuha on Etsy      Mini paper roses:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Loose pearls:  Recollections      Pearl stems:  local craft store
Sentiment stamp:  Papertrey Ink      Handcrafted stick pin


Thanks for visiting today...I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Kathy.. I love the scalloped edge and your flowers are always my favourite part of your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card Kathy. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Miss Kathy ... I adore those amazing flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...