Sunday, March 3, 2013

TSTR-Frame It

I'm honored to have been asked to be the Guest Designer over at The Shabby Tea Room for the month of March. Tracey is hosting the challenge this week - to use white, with only one other color, and include a frame in our design. I loved making my all-white cards a while back, so adding only one other color is another fun twist...and a frame, too...I couldn't wait to get started.

I used foam tape to "stack" the different layers I used on the front, and the end result turned out that the whole card front became the "frame"...not just the fancy square frame diecut I started with. And believe it or not, there's not a single flower on this card...gasp...I know...but I'm not sick or anything...I just wanted to see if I could do it. LOL

Here's my card for Tracey's challenge...


...and here's the inspiration photo to go along with the challenge...lots of inspiration here, especially for a shabby-chic-style fan like me. The feathery wreath on the chair is what inspired me to use the white fringe trim sewn into a circle beneath the butterfly...



I shabbied up the edges of the little sentiment tag to match the edges of the layers on the card front, and ran the pearl and crystal stick pin through it to act as a "memo pin"...




There are no flowers on the card, but I did use die cut leafy branches with a touch of glitter in two of the diagonal corners...


Supplies:
Dies:  Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Squares, Classic Squares Small, Classic Squares Large;  
Sizzix Flowers, Branches and Leaves
Cuttlebug Geometric Rings embossing folder      Fringe trim:  Frogfeathers on Etsy
Sentiment stamp:  Paper Sweeties      Butterfly:  local scrapbook store
Pearls:  Recollections      Handcrafted stick pin


Thanks for visiting today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!



2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...