Sunday, March 10, 2013

TSTR-Oh So Pretty in Pink

I hope you had a fun weekend...it was fun to have that additional hour of daylight today thanks to the start of Daylight Savings Time. :)

There's another fun challenge this week over at The Shabby Tea Room. Debbie is our host, and this week's challenge is to use pink, ribbon, lace and/or tulle, and a flower...some of my favorite elements!

I love shaped cards, and wanted to try something just a little different this time.  I used the Cherish Punch Around the Page set of punches, but rather than make it into a square card as I've done in the past, I made it a little more rectangular. (I used a piece of cardstock cut to 5" wide x 10.25" long, punched the corners and then the edges, then simply folded in the center to form the card base.)  In actuality, there's only a 1/4" difference between the height and width measurements of the finished card, but the solid area inside the punched holes makes it look like there's more.

I have a very special person and occasion in mind for this one.  Here's my finished card for this week's challenge...



...and here's the adorable inspiration photo Debbie's based the challenge on.  You'll probably see this photo again here as an inspiration cue...I had several fun ideas for cards when I saw this. 



This shabby pink fabric flower matches perfectly with the Hug Snug seam binding that I had dyed with Spun Sugar Distress Ink, and I couldn't resist topping it with a few neutral colored roses and pearls...




The scalloped crocheted lace runs down the right side of the top cardstock piece, and I added a single scalloped piece of it peeking out the left side, too.  Both of the two smaller patterned paper blocks are adhered to the larger text paper block with foam tape for dimension...




And finally, here's a peek at the inside...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:  Prima Tea Thyme collection      Edge and corner punches:  Martha Stewart Cherish PATP
Dies:  Memory Box Quinn Flourish and Elegant Scrollwork;  My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Shabby fabric rose and sheer embroidered lace:  TheFunkieJunkie.com
Paper roses:  Wild Orchid Crafts      Pearls:  Recollections      Scalloped crocheted lace:  Prima
Hug Snug seam binding      Handcrafted stick pin      Miscellaneous:  cheesecloth, tulle, clear coarse glitter


Thanks for visiting today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!



11 comments:

  1. Kathy, I simply adore everything about your card. It is so shabby and so chic!!! Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning card from you! - You always create the most amazing things! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, such an incredibly feminine, lovely, romantic card! Everything about it is amazing, but I especially like the off white pearls nestled in the bow, and along the lace - so pretty! I'm off to investigate your blog. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy your card is stunning, as are all of your creations! The flowers are just gorgeous and love the layering! Congrats on being GD at The Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your beautiful cards....your eye for detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Kathy, I have just given you an award, please see my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! Flowers are amazing, swirls and punches perfect... Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope You'll visit my blog, too - there's a little award for You there in the top right corner! Once You click it, You'll learn what You need to do once You accept it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure beauty! Love the gorgeous flowers and layered loveliness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...