Friday, March 1, 2013

Make a Wish...

There's just one more "redecorated" card to share this week, and next week we're on to all new creations. :)

I liked this card when I first made it, but when I pulled it from the basket after some time, it looked a bit dull. So for its "makeover," I brightened and shabbied it up some by carefully adding dry brushed white paint around the edges, and adding cheesecloth and tulle to the base for the flower. When that was done, I realized I wanted to soften the center of the large pink rose from the single large pearl that originally sat there....and here's how it turned out...




After removing the single pearl from the center of the shabby pink cabbage rose, I added a tea-dyed fabric flower, two rosebuds, a couple tiny paper roses, and for contrast, a larger dark mauve rose for the center.  After I added a pearl and crystal embellished stick pink, it looked complete...




I have no idea of the source/manufacturer of the chipboard vine...it was a piece of raw chipboard in my supply stash.  I inked it with Distress Ink, and coated it with clear coarse glitter...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:  K&Co Life's Journey collection      Crystal & pearl flourishes:  Prima
Dies:  Spellbinders Labels Two and Lacey Circles      Shabby fabric rose:  Frogfeathers on Etsy
Sentiment stamp:  Papertrey Ink      Seed pearls:  Recollections      Hug Snug seam binding
Handcrafted stick pin      Miscellaneous:  cheesecloth, tea-dyed fabric flower, chipboard vine


Thanks so much for visiting today...I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
 


 

3 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card youve made!
    Looks like a million :)
    Have a great weekend.
    xx Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI.. This looks gorgeous.. Love how pretty it is..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This so beautiful! Thanks so much for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...