Friday, June 13, 2014

Happy Fathers Day, Take 2...

Happy Friday the 13th, everyone! I prefer to think of today as a "good luck" day instead of the traditional outlook...so I hope good luck follows you all day and night long.

To end the week, here's one last Father's Day card that could actually be used for any occasion requiring a masculine card, since the sentiment here is on a tag. I first saw the idea for the triptych-like map paper treatment on Pinterest a while back, but I didn't pin the project, just wrote "triptych map paper" on my ideas page in my little notebook. So I can't take credit for the idea, but now I can't find the original project or pinner to credit them here.

Once again, I used contrasting textures, along with deeper shades of teal, kraft and black, to give a masculine feel to the card. I ran the teal Kraft Core cardstock through a paper crimper, then sanded it to make the core show through the raised lines...


On top of the twine bow, I used a sprocket piece from a prepackaged embellishment set, and added a couple washer-like doodads (yep, that's what I call them. I don't know the proper names of most of the hardware I picked up in Home Depot years ago to use in my crafting. All I know is that I have lots of "doodads" and "thingies" in my crafting hardware drawers LOL). I used Glossy Accents in the centers to make sure all three pieces were secure, then added a tiny bit of teal craft paint in the center to blend it all with the rest of the card...





Scattered around the card is some Aged Silver Frantage embossing powder...




These large berries on the stem were purple when I purchased them...a coat of teal craft paint made them the perfect match on this card...



Supplies:
Papers:   DCWV (burlap paper);   7Gypsies (map paper);   Tim Holtz Kraft Core/Coredinations (teal)
Sprocket:   Hobby Lobby/The Paper Studio           Berry branch:   Petaloo
Embossing powder:   Stampendous Frantage          Miscellaneous:   twine, silver hardware



Thanks so much for visiting today...have a wonderful weekend!


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Замечательная открытка!! Очень красивая и стильная!! Сочетание цветов потрясающее!!!:)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful !! I loved the use of map paper and burlap , awesome colors !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this card. What a fantastic job. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...