Friday, June 27, 2014

Last But Not Least...

Of all of this week's shabby squares, today's is the most heavily embellished.  I started with papers in grey and white, and added orchid purple as an accent color. I continued to use those colors in the embellishments, and added the dusty aqua leafy flourish as what I call the "resting color," the place where you eyes take a break from the same three colors used on the card.

I double-cut the large doily die on the top half of the card - once in palest grey and once in darker grey - and offset the darker one below the lighter one to provide some contrast and dimension to the shape. The smaller Wilton paper doily was colored with Distress Inks to get it to the shade I wanted to blend with the other orchid colors...




Here are the closeups around the front...




At the center of the cluster is a rose pendant made from air-dry clay. I used a stiff brush to apply the light grey acrylic paint around the outer edges, and I was able to "shabby" the edges of the clay this way. It's a subtle effect, but a fun one...




Supplies:
Patterned papers:   My Minds Eye Lost & Found/Antique
Dies:   My Favorite Things Leaf-Filled Flourish;   Tim Holtz Distressed Doily
Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts          Pearls:   Recollections
Rose pendant:   Martha Stewart mold and air-dry clay          Punch:   Martha Stewart Braided Ruffle
Miscellaneous:   Hug Snug seam binding, Wilton doily, cheesecloth


Thanks for visiting today...have a fun weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous card Kathy. I just love how you embellish....truly wonderful especially the subtle softness of the cheese cloth texture and the beautiful flowers you use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a beautiful card Kathy. Absolutely love the colour combination and all of the gorgeous flowers and embellishments xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...