Monday, June 9, 2014

LOTV-Happy Father's Day...

Happy Monday, all! This week will be watercolor and mixed media week here on the blog, so be prepared for a few more cards that stray from my usual style a bit. Of course, when we come to the mixed media portion of the show, my usual "everything but the kitchen sink" style of embellishments will be clearly visible to you. :)

Today's card is a masculine card, combining a couple Lili of the Valley stamps and watercoloring with Distress Inks. Because the piece turned out so detailed, I went with a CAS (clean and simple) style for the card.  I used LOTV's  Set 53, Vintage Backgrounds (I used the same stamp as shown in Elise's sample on the product page), only I did some "selective inking" to mask off the dragonfly and the cherub. Then I stamped a couple of the clocks from Set 66, Grunge Elements, and added the key and French text from that same set to fill in some of the blank space between the clocks.




I used liquid frisket to mask off the clocks and the scrollwork at the top of the piece, and after wetting the whole piece of watercolor paper, started laying in colors using Distress Inks. I let the colors drift where they would, and when it was done, I looked at it across the table and realized it came out looking a bit like a vintage map, with the blue waters and brown and green land masses.You never know what you'll get when you just let things happen on their own!

After the watercolor paper (I used 140 lb cold pressed) had dried, I sprinkled it with Vintage White Frantage embossing powder...




I pulled out a metal cog, and before tying it with the twine, coated it with more of the Frantage embossing powders (I mixed Vintage White and Vintage Gold on it), added a tag printed on my computer, and it was done!...


Supplies:
Stamps:  LOTV Set 53/Vintage Backgrounds, and Set 66/Grunge Elements
Die:   Impression Obsession Mini Rectangle Tags 2
Metal cog:   Hobby Lobby/The Paper Studio          Stampendous Frantage Embossing Powders
Ranger Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Crushed Olive, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo)
Miscellaneous:   twines


Thanks for stopping by for a visit...I hope your week starts with a smile!

4 comments:

  1. Love the card men's cards are so hard to do ...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ..Its AWESOME...I am loving this style of yours a lot !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy .. I have to tell you again .. this is just absolutely GORRRRRGEOUS! I so love how these inks of yours flows .. and it creates something magical! Truly a BEAUTIFUL Father's Day card and a work of art!

    Sending Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...