Friday, October 21, 2011

Green Tangerines October Card Kit Add-on, Part 1

I'm going to split this into three posts this month, and by request, try to give you a little more detail about each card. This month's kit was a lot of fun for me to play with, and hopefully you have as much fun with it as I did!

This first card uses the cute vintage Halloween tag included in each kit -  I just love that little girl in the picture and was happy that the "luck of the draw" landed that tag in my kit! I added some hand-dyed Hug Snug seam binding from my stash, a button and some twine, and a black chipboard button that's been around too long for me to remember who made it- :)




On this thank you card, I dry brushed one of the chipboard frames in the kit with white pearl paint, and inked the edges dark brown. I added a silver bead and white pearl to a Maya Road leaf stick pin, and a small pearl flourish from my stash. I applied Liquid Pearls across the green ribbon...I wanted a more casual, "shabby" look here than more small adhesive pearls would give.  The fabric loops under the button are formed using the ribbon in the kit and just baste-stitching and pulling it into a circle. There's a little of the tulle on top of the button, too. I hand-cut around the circle pattern on the brown paper to form the "scalloped" edge, and used Fiskars' Upper Crest edge punch for the white and green bottom edges.





This card was fun, because, until I saw the patterned paper and how well the colors looked together there, I would never have thought to use these colors together!  The sentiment is one of the "thankful for you" rub-ons included in the kit - I just cut the words out from the center of the black print rub-on and applied it to a small die cut label. The pink decorative tag is cut using a Spellbinders die; the large plum print doily uses paper from the kit and Spellbinders' Picot Edge Circle die.  I added 1/2 of a Wilton doily inked with Distress Ink, pink and tan Hug Snug seam binding for the bows, and a small Crafty Secrets die cut flower (from their "Greetings & Sentiments" sheet) behind the bows.  The gold bead flourish is from the kit, as is the strip of white cotton lace up the side, and the pink button over the bows. (The two gold pearls were from last month's card kit.)





Lastly for tonight, this "Thanks so much" card uses one of the large chipboard flowers from the kit, along with some of the tulle, the white ruffled ribbon, and banners cut from a piece of patterned paper from the kit. The large fabric flower is made using a strip of fabric from my stash, and a Cosmo Cricket "Glubers" 2" adhesive circle.  The pearls, pearl stick pin and paper leaves are from my stash, also. The sentiment on this card is stamped with Papertrey Ink stamps.



I'll be back tomorrow with some festive Thanksgiving cards made with this month's add-on kit.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...