Saturday, October 22, 2011

Green Tangerines October, Part 2

You're probably beginning to see that the main theme of the October card kit add-on is "thankful" - just in time for you to make up some fun cards celebrating the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday season.

This first card is a side-step card. I found a great tutorial for this technique here.  The finished size is A2 (4-1/4x5-1/2") so mailing is simple...but wouldn't it also make a fun and festive place card at your Thanksgiving table, with the menu on the left side (you could move the flower cluster to the upper right) and a personalized handwritten message to your guest inside?

For my card, I used a vintage image I found on the net, cropped into a circle, for the decoration on the right side.  The gold cotton lace and the gold adhesive pearls on the doily are from the last card kit, and I added a crocheted flower that I made, along with an inked Wilton doily cut in half, twine, and a couple leaves and flowers from my stash.  The gold and black button, gold bead spray, white loop ribbon, and Happy Thanksgiving sticker are from this month's kit, as are all the papers and cardstock.




This next card uses a technique I've used in months past on other kits - a cutout on the front with the embellishments on the inside showing through.  Here's a little hint to the easiest way I've found to do this: adhere all your patterned papers to the front of the card base first, then die cut or punch out the shape.  This way, all the papers are adhered to your punch-out piece perfectly matching the arrangement of the papers on the outside front, so when you adhere the cutout on the inside of the card, everything will align and match up easily.

The decorative bottom edge on this card was made using the Tim Holtz Ornate On-the-Edge die. I used both the gem circles in the kit on this card- the larger one on the outside of the cutout edge.  Then I punched another circle of off-white cardstock, adhered the turkey sticker in the kit to it, and used the second gem circle around this. I centered this second circle over the first cut-out and attached it to the inside of the card to show through when the card is closed. Everything else on this card is included in your kit, with the exception of the Hug Snug and narrow green ribbon used for the bows. (The sentiment sticker is also in your kit - I adhered it to a piece of cream cardstock then punched out the scalloped circle.)





This final card for today is made up in traditional autumn colors, and just a fun and playful way to say thanks. I added a trio of small white flowers and some dyed Hug Snug seam binding for bows, but all the rest of the materials for this card are in the kit, including the Technique Tuesday sentiment stamp (the same sentiment stamp as used in the "million and one thanks" card posted yesterday). 

The banner flags are cut from the banner patterned paper in the kit. I punched a couple tiny holes in each (I used a large push pin) and threaded a piece of crochet thread through them. The chipboard scalloped frame is dry-brushed with blue acrylic paint.  Again, I handcut the scalloped edge on the brown patterned paper by simply following the edge of the circles in the pattern - easy peasy! 




Tomorrow I'll be back with the last three cards I made up with this month's kit.  They're my attempt at a more "clean and simple" style.

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...