Sunday, October 23, 2011

Green Tangerines October, Part 3

Last, but certainly not least, are these three cards made with the October Card Kit Add-On.

The first thank you card uses 4 of the chipboard buttons in the kit - I threaded them with pieces of narrow ribbon and matted them to squares of cream cardstock.  A couple pieces of some of the kit's patterned papers, a strip of the scalloped trim, a bottom edge punched with an EK Success edge punch (Daisy Scallop in this case), a little bit of machine stitching around the edges, and a sentiment stamp by Technique Tuesday/Ali Edwards (this one is not from the kit), and it's ready to send!



I originally had this next card laid out with just the two patterned paper pieces on the cardstock base, but then I found a scrap of blue cardstock in my stash that didn't exactly "match" either of the blues in the patterned papers, but it did sit right between the two shades...I guess that's what made it work!  I left the chipboard frame in it's natural color, threaded a piece of the brown sheer ribbon under and over the frame, and glued one of the gold bead sprays, included in the kit, behind the sheer bow.  The sentiment is from a Hero Arts sentiment set, and as I often find I have to do, I cut the words apart so they'd fit on the small oval tag.



And finally, a card not necessarily in "fall" colors, but I still had some of the cute black and white dotted paper left, and that gingham ribbon...how could I not do a black & white card with them?  I like mixing black & white with lime green - it's a color combo that seems to work in any season. 

I used one of the Tattered Angels chipboard stamp-edge frames from the kit, and covered it with Martha Stewart coarse clear glitter.  To match the edges of the frame (I like to have details/colors in duos on my cards wherever possible), I used a Fiskars stamp edge punch on the bottom edges.  The white label is a Spellbinders die, but any rectangular label shape will work well as long as it fits inside the chipboard frame. I ran the die through an embossing folder, then applied one of the "thankful for you" rub-ons included in the kit to the label. The paper leaves, mini white flower, and Maya Road pearl stick pin are from my stash.



And now you've seen all 10 cards I made up with this month's card kit. They'll be on display at the store if you live nearby and would like to see them in person.

There will be another card kit add-on in November, and after that, the card kit add-on will be taking a break until January.  So stay tuned for some winter holiday cards coming up in a few weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...