Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Simple Hello from the Heart...

I'm not really in a "black" mood lately as illustrated by its appearance on this week's cards so far. :)  Today's card is a bit brighter than Monday's...it's light cream (although it looks more white than cream in the photos) with black, and just a touch of soft pink to break it up...with a simple and sincere sentiment...



No lace on this card...the lacy bottom edge detail takes it's place.  But of course, there must be flowers and bows...so they all cluster together at the bottom of the heart...




The heart dies were stacked to form a frame, and the edges enhanced with clear coarse glitter...




And here's a peek at the inside...


Supplies:
Patterned paper:  Echo Park Be Mine collection      Edge Punch:  Martha Stewart Double Arches
Dies:  Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork;  Xyron Shapez/Heart;  My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Fabric rose:  local craft store      Paper roses:  Wild Orchid Crafts      Pearls:  Recollections


I'm including a picture of the inside because I received an inquiry asking how I handle inserting sentiments on my cards when I've made them up in advance and already stitched a plain piece of cardstock inside.  I do the inside this way for the cards I sell, so that personal sentiments can be written inside...and that's often what I do with the cards that are in my "stash" with finished insides.  But often, I want to do a more formal sentiment in addition to a handwritten note, so here's a photo of a card sent recently that shows how I handle that. 

I type up a sentiment (in Photoshop Elements or Word, for example) to fit the size of the area I have available, and print it onto cardstock to match the one already stitched in.  Then die cut a fun shape, either one that matches a design on the outside of the card (as with the card below), or one that complements it, and adhere that right over the stitched piece.  In this way, the stitched inside pieces form a finished "frame" for the new piece added...and it still leaves room for me to write a short personal note...and looks like this...



Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit!


3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card.. love the bow and the hint of black with the delicate flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your designs are absolutely amazing! I'll be a regular visitor to your blog. Saba

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...