Friday, February 15, 2013

Going Monochromatic Again...

TGIF...Happy Friday!  It's been another really busy week around here. :)

If you've been seeing my cards for a while, you might recognize the design of today's card. Back in October of last year, I made one using the same die cut for the base, and the same oval die cuts on the front...but it was made in creams and whites.  This time, I wanted to do a monochromatic card in a color I haven't used for that purpose before...and one that's a little harder to find in my stash. :)  I love this (what I call) "hydrangea lavender"...it has an undertone of pink instead of blue.  And how happy was I to find that I actually had three slightly different hues of the same colored cardstock in my stash! But once I pulled all the embellishments together, it just looked a bit dull with everything blending together...so I decided at the last minute to make white the accent color, both with some of the flowers, and by dry-brushing white paint around the edges of the papers and elements.

I changed up the location of the floral cluster this time...to curl around the bottom of the die cut frames...and found a patterned paper to use inside the smallest oval opening that was the perfect blending of all three shades.



Off to the left side, a large cardstock flourish beneath the flowers, and a pretty handcrafted pearl stick pin...I even found a "hydrangea lavender" pearl in my gem stash that blended perfectly!




...and off to the right, the smaller end of the cardstock flourish peeks out behind more mini roses and leaves...you can see more of the light coating of glitter on the smallest oval frame in this photo...




And a peek at the inside...


Supplies:
Patterned paper:  Basic Grey Kioshi collection
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Labels 4, Floral Ovals, Classic Ovals Large, Classic Ovals Small;  Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork;  My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Mini roses:  Wild Orchid Crafts      Flat white flower:  Prima      Martha Stewart Medium Branch Punch
Pearls:   Recollections (white), Kaisercraft (lavender)      Handcrafted pearl stick pin


Thanks so much for visiting today...have a wonderful weekend!



6 comments:

  1. Oh this is soo pretty! I love the lavender tones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card and love how you used white for accent. Looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW such a beautiful card!!! Everything I love, the color, layers and SHAPE :-) So glad I found your blog, your work is amazing and loving all the inspirations it is pouring out. Thanks!!!
    ~Steff~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! So have inspired me! Thank you for posting it!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I just came across this on pinterest, so pretty :) tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...