Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday's Smile...

Happy Monday, all...I hope you had a great weekend!

One thing I love about this hobby is that I can create according to my moods and whims...one day it's light and lacy, and the next, I'm playing with darker and more muted shades (but still definitely shabby). And believe it or not, there's *no* flower cluster on this card.  Well, no dimensional one, that is.  I did some fussy cutting of one of the patterned papers...so that's serving as the flower cluster on today's card. :)



Two little Hug Snug bows are topped with a piece of looped hemp trim glued into a circle...topped with a small felt flower from the dollar store, and a tiny cameo button...and let's not forget the jeweled stick pin...




Just a light dusting of clear coarse glitter over parts of the roses that were fussy-cut from one of the patterned papers to overlap the pink paper above and leave room to stamp the sentiment...and even the stamp font is shabby and distressed...just right for this card!


Supplies:
Patterned papers:  Prima Almanac and Tea Thyme collections      Dies:  Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities
Sentiment stamp:  Technique Tuesday/Ali Edwards      Lace:  TheFunkieJunkie.com
Pearls:  Recollections      Miscellaneous:  cheesecloth, hemp loop trim, felt flower, cameo, handcrafted stick pin


Thanks for visiting today!



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific creation Kathy! I love the layers of embellishments, the dry brushing/stitching and the scalloped edge~ it all comes together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy! What a beauty, I LOVE your flower, it is so unique. The layering and little details make this so very special!
    Hugs,
    Starr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...