Thursday, February 21, 2013

Getting a Head Start...

I like to get a head start on projects that have a deadline...I prefer not to work under pressure anymore. But don't get me wrong...I spent most of my previous working years doing just that. I always did much better when I was under pressure. I've simply decided to live differently now. :)  But as can happen with most of us, "best laid plans and all that."  It doesn't always work out that I'm able to get ahead of a date...so I often have no choice but to scramble and work fast.

But for Mother's Day this year, I now officially have a head start.  I haven't made an easel card in over three years...and decided it was time for me to play with that design one more time.  And because it's for Mother's Day, I can add all the frills and flowers that will fit...so I did! :)  It's very hard to see in the photos, but the  background papers and the base cardstock are a very soft and pale shade of pink...



Here's a closeup view of the front panel. The large frame is popped up just a bit with foam tape, as is the clock and the label frame behind it. Most of the flowers sit down inside the larger frame...



There's still plenty of room to write a personal note above the sentiment panel, and keep it personal and out of sight while the card's on display...that's my favorite feature of easel cards...




Here's a better photo of the shade of pink on the base, and a closeup of the sentiment panel...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:  Pink Paislee/Collage Press London Market collection
Dies:  Spellbiners Fleur de Lis Accents, Standard Circles Large, Fleur de Lis Squares, Classic Squares Small;  
My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Chipboard clock:  Heidi Swapp      Punches:  Martha Stewart Butterfly and Medium Branch
Flowers:  Wild Orchid Crafts and local craft store      Pink fabric leaf:  Prima
Pearls:  Recollections      Hug Snug seam binding


Thank you for stopping by for a visit today...I hope you're having a fun week, even if you're one of my friends sitting under 11 inches of new snow from the past few days! :)




4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation! I love that clock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing and soo very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love the lushness, all of the little touches you add to every card,just amazing!

    Hugs,
    Kristi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Beautiful! I wish I had a mom alive to send one to, I know she would have loved this <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...