Saturday, February 16, 2013

TSTR-Sweet Silhouettes...

I have to sneak in one more card for this week.  I spent most of the week learning my new computer's ins and outs and changes...but I needed a break. So I headed over to check out this week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room and knew I had to play along with this one - the challenge is to make a project with a silhouette as a central feature. I decided to play around on my new computer (what better way to make sure all your files made it over than to need them, right?) and make up a few ATC-sized collages using some of my silhouette clip art.

I used one of them on today's card, and I couldn't resist adding the feathers on her hat, and the bouquet of flowers below her neck. :)



Here's the inspiration photo Rebekah gave us to work from this week:




I matched the colors of the flowers in the collage with a cluster of  mini paper roses off to the side, sitting atop a matching aqua scrunched bow.  An embellished memo pin holds the mini sentiment tag...




I die cut the collage into an oval shape, framed it with a larger white oval, then layered both over a beaded oval diecut in black. While the black cardstock was still in the die, I used some Viva Decor Old Silver rub on the raised bead portions, then topped each with a mini pearl in the center...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:  Prima Almanac collection;  Echo Park Dots & Stripes/Metropolitan collection
Cameo collage elements:  French label & white frame: TheGraphicsFairy;  silhouette image:  Dover Publications; 
flowers and feathers:  VintageImages.org  (flowers783 and flowers524)
Dies:  Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small, Classic Ovals Large; Beaded Ovals      Pearls:  Recollections
Flowers:  Wild Orchid Crafts      Hug Snug seam binding      Viva Decor Old Silver      Tim Holtz Memo Pin


Thanks for visiting...I hope you're having a great weekend!
 



6 comments:

  1. Love how you created your gorgeous silhouette from clip art...the cluster of flowers is such a perfect match:)Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us in the Tea Room Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so beautiful.. so lady like and feminine... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning, hope you have a fabby day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful!!! Love all the layering and the flowers added to her...gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...